We were fortunate to spend all of our summer school holidays in Auckland with our family. This allowed us to spend time with Andrew's dad who finally lost his battle with liver cancer and died at home on the 4 February 2013. It was a very sad and difficult end to our holidays but I'm sure that with time we will feel fortunate to have had that time all together as a family.
Our beloved Brucie was able to enjoy Christmas and New Year with the grandies, and although he wasn't eating much at this time, he was able to enjoy a few sips of bubbles.
A lot of books were read by Grandma Margie.
Time for Padfoot to catch up with Gt Uncle Graham and talk steam engines.
Super fun, super long, super fast, water slide with friends in Manly. Followed by a quiet moment to contemplate the world at Manly beach.
A spectacular trip out to the west coast to the gannet colony at Muriwai beach. We were lucky to be there when an bird, recovered from injury, was released back into the colony.
A fun hot sunny trip to the Auckland zoo. Padfoot, especially, could not get enough of looking at all the animals.
Trampoline fun with the cousins.
Relaxing with Grandad Rog, Mr Bunsey and Orry.
Bush walking at Shakespeare Regional Park as well as a trip out to Tiritiri Matangi Island where I heard (and possibly saw) my first Kokako. Truely, the most beautiful bird song I know of.
We also had a wonderful trip up to Goat Island Marine reserve at Leigh, including a great trip out on the glass bottomed boat.
Woweeee the brood grew! :-))))))
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun :-)
I think I spy Orrie too :-)
That's a tough loss - glad you all got some visiting time in though and the kiddos look like they'll have a great pack of memories too.
ReplyDelete